Sunday, February 11, 2007

Barnyard in A Flat Major

Reason has pretty good sound banks (they're reasonable, at any rate, within reason), but in my 2nd variation the cello sounds like a cow and the viola sounds like a duck. I call it "Barnyard in A Flat Major." I've only got two variations so far, but you can check them out on my music page. Quartets are manageable for me, what with only having one problematic C clef, but I like massive blocks of sound that require rather more than four instruments.

I've been trying to work on a choral piece for a competition, but I've got my heart set on a particular text and unfortunately it always goes to a certain tune in my head... but I'm not liking how the tune turns out, it's too melismatic. You know, not mellifluous enough. It ought to be more behonied.

8 comments:

Blake said...

The links didn't work. :(

Lapsura said...

...

well, what do you know, this webhost has disappeared too. It just never ends.

They're fixed now.

Anonymous said...

waterrose.mp3 and drawings aren't available either. Is it time to get a real webhost yet?

-rt

Lapsura said...

Ugh, and after I went through all that tedium of uploading ~380 drawings one by one. Drawings will have to wait until I get new hosting. But no! It is not time yet for real hosting. Not until I can get my domain back.

Blake said...

works now.

Very nice, Megan. Maybe you're not such a layabout after all. :P

Lapsura said...

P.S. The Drawings webhost is not completely SMEFy, it still works occasionally. I haven't had problems with them before, so maybe it was a rarity. Let's hope.

Lapsura said...

Well what do you know, my webhost actually sent me an email apologizing for the downtime, which was just for an upgrade. I'm pleased as... pink? How does that saying go?

Blake said...

Pleased a punch, I think. Or is it tickled pink...why do people say those. They both sounds dumb.